ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND WORK
- The Good Life – High School Paper Download PDF here
- The Doctrine of Liberty – College Thesis Download PDF Here
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, 2014-2016 Masters of Business Administration
- University of Notre Dame, 2002-2006
- Bachelor of Arts in “East Asian Languages and Literatures – Chinese.” Bachelor of Arts in “The Program of Liberal Studies” (aka, “The Great Books” curriculum). Graduating Thesis” “The Doctrine of Liberty – Michael Polanyi and Ideas on Freedom.”
- Beijing (Peking) University, Beijing China, Spring 2005 First of 3 students from Notre Dame to attend China’s top university. Studied post-reform Chinese Industrialization and Modern Chinese History.
- Qing Ha (Tsinghua) University IUP, Beijing China, Summer/Fall 2005 Qing Hua University’s Inter-University Program for Chinese Language Studies administered by University of California Berkley. Advanced Mandarin studies in writing, literature, and verbal facility.
- Wichita Collegiate School – K-12
CAREER AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- OWB Consultants (O’Shaughnessy, Wang, and Blumenthal) Hong Kong / Shanghai – 2016
Founding Partner OWB Consultants provides consulting services for Chinese nationals interested in pursuing international investment, immigration (EB5), and educational opportunities overseas.
- Reunion Capital – Hong Kong 2016
Founding Partner MBA Alumni fund focused on building lasting relationships through investments and networking events. Returned over 16% in first year of operation.
- Lario Oil and Gas – Vice President of Asia Markets – Hong Kong / Shanghai, 2015-2016
Helped lead a highly successful EB5 fundraising effort on behalf of Lario throughout China for the development and drilling of oil projects throughout the Bakken Shale Play in North Dakota.
- The Globe Resources Group, LLC – Vice President – Wichita, KS/Dickinson, ND, 2010-2014
Helped lead the development and expansion of the Bakken Oil Express rail loading terminal in the Bakken Shale Play, with a peak throughput of over 100,000 barrels per day.
- Shores-Sentry LLC – International Sales Director – Houston, TX, 2009-2010
Responsible for first sales of Sentry pump-jacks into South America, including Chile Argentina, and Columbia Established first sales of Sentry oilfield equipment in Indonesia and Oman.
- Sentry International, Inc. – Director of China Operations – Shanghai, 2006-2009
Worked under former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Director for Sentry relations with the Chinese government, Sinopec, and CPDTC. Grew Sentry manufacturing partnerships from 3 to 10 plants across China, contributing to a doubling of revenue and making Sentry the second most used pump-jack in the USA. Managed Shanghai Branch office.
- GeoPark (NYSE: GPRK) – Southern Argentina and Chile, Summer 2005
Worked on oil rig and lived in the field in a remote area of South America near the Magellan Straits on the Argentina/Chile border. Was working the rig when the company discovered its first oil.
- Chinese Mandarin: Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing
- Spanish: Proficient